CPD Healthcare (Synaptiq Ltd) is committed to respecting your privacy and this policy is designed to tell you about our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information that you may provide via our website. Any personal information we collect from you will only be used in accordance with this policy and so please read it carefully so that you understand our views and practices.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you do business with us; register with our website for the purpose of obtaining services and/or goods (including subscriptions, approvals and email notifications and/or newsletters); participate in discussion boards or other social media functions, on the website; enter a survey, competition or prize draw; we may collect the following personal information from you:
- name; postal address, email address and telephone number;
- financial and credit card information;
- personal description and photograph;
- information about your computer or other electronic device and about your visits to, and use, of this website;
- information relating to transactions carried out between you and us, on or in relation to this website; and any other information that you choose to send to us
You can visit the CPD Healthcare website without registering with us, however you may be required to register or log in to view certain pages including your account details.
We may request additional information from you, for example when we conduct a survey or you enter a competition or prize draw. When additional information is requested, we will let you know at the time of collection how we intend to use it.
HOW WE WILL USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We use your information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer the website;
- to maintain a database of our customers and registered users;
- to enable you to use the services available on the website;
- to process subscriptions and CPD approvals via the website;
- to collect payments from you;
- to contact you or send you information directly relating to your subscription or approval;
- to add you to relevant mailing lists and send you subscriptions, email notifications and/or newsletters which you have specifically requested;
- to send you marketing communications relating to CPD Healthcare, for example about our events and services, which we think may be of interest to you or where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (but you can unsubscribe from these communications at any time);
- to deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website any products or services;
- to provide feedback to any of our business partners, agents, suppliers and sub-contractors; and
- to keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our employees and any member of our group, (which includes any subsidiaries and holding companies, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006), for the purposes set in this policy.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, agents, suppliers and sub-contractors, for example our panel of approvers, for the performance of any contract for products or services which we enter into with you, or to allow you to participate in any competition or prize draw which you have entered.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property and safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We do not share your information with any direct mail organisations or other third parties unconnected with the provision of our activities.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
We are PCI DSS compliant and have taken steps to ensure that your payment information is processed confidentially and accurately. Our secure servers protect information by Secure Sockets Layer (‘SSL’), the industry standard encryption technology. We use a secure payment provider, PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l., to process all electronic payment transactions. We never store credit card details nor do we share customers’ financial details with any 3rd parties. You do not need a PayPal account to make payments on our website.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Any information we hold about you is stored on our secure servers within the EEA. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or CPD Healthcare, Thornhill House, 39 Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, and we may ask you to supply appropriate evidence of your identity.